This catalog entry is for Vorshlag camber plates designed to fit the BMW F80/F82/F83 and 2019+ M2-Competition This camber plate can only be used with Coilover springs and can be used with virtually any strut type. Please choose the appropriate spring and strut from the option drop-downs below.
In order to properly use Vorshlag camber plates, you must choose the option below to include Vorshlag upper spring perches that match your strut brand and spring type. Vorshlag camber plates are designed to be compatible with 2.5”, 2.25" and 60mm “coilover” style springs and all strut types. We make numerous variations of this plate and accompanying perches to work with your set-up. The Vorshlag upper perches allow us to add a sealed radial bearing that isolates the spherical bearing in the camber plate from radial turning loads of of the strut shaft during steering inputs. This is part of why our plates last the lifetime of the car!
- Compatible with 2.5", 2.25" and 60mm coilover springs only and all struts.
- No need to change camber plates when switching between different brands' coilovers - our modular spring perches allow you to switch coilovers easily and cheaply.
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Plates are designed specifically for the F82/F83/F80 and M2-Competition chassis.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench to tighten.
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result is much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Designed for maximum suspension travel (bump travel). More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors' designs.
- Alloy steel bearing holder - Tough as a German Tank!
- Aluminum alloy main plate for lighter weight, engraved and fully anodized
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Vorshlag Upper spring perches required. Coilover perches are included in the basic price.
- Maximum negative camber setting depends on ride height
5-bolt or 3-bolt Tower: Please look at the picture below to see which version you have. Only count the bolts that attach the strut mount to the tower, not the "ribs" or the bolt(s) for the engine bay brace. The 3-bolt is generally through the 2014 model year and 5-bolt begins in the 2015 model year. Some early 2015 models were 3-bolt.
Strut Brand/Model: Please pick the brand and type of strut your car has. For this entry we assume that the spring is of the coilover diameter (see optional sizes below). We have a different product entry for use with OEM sized springs coilovers.
Spring Perches: Please pick the spring perch diameter that works with the springs you have. Coilover springs typically come in one of three inner diameters: 2.25", 60mm and 2.5". Ground Control coilovers are typically supplied with 2.5" dia and TCKline supplied coilovers are typically 60mm dia springs. This spring is easily identified - turn the steering wheel to full lock then peek inside the front wheel opening - if the spring is small at the bottom and tapers to a larger size at the top it needs the OEM upper spring perch.