This design is specific to the F2X/F3X series "non-M" models, the 1/2/3/4, but they also work on the M235 and M2 model up through 2018 as well. The M3 and M4 models (F80) and the 2019+ M2-Competition have a giant "boomerang" engine bay brace that uses a different configuration. See the F80 camber plates for the M3, M4 and M2-Competition models
Due to height restrictions of the OEM F-series top mount/perch (we will never make a camber plate that adds ride height to the OEM spring/strut combo) this is a camber-only adjustable top mount. To adjust the camber is simple - with the rubber covers (aka: Tupperware) out of the way, you can see the 6 Allen head bolts that protrude above the upper spherical bearing holder in the image above. With the suspension lifted to remove pre-load from the top mount, loosen these 6 Allen head bolts (with a 1/4" or 6mm hex key wrench) and slide the top of the wheel inboard (negative) or outboard (positive) to alter the camber setting. There are engraved marks on the main plate which can be lined up with the back of the bearing holder for reference when you adjust camber track side.
With this design you can easily adjust camber track side and the total adjustment is up to 3.5° of added negative camber over stock. Our over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All of our components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
This design can add up to 3.5° of additional negative camber, which keeps the outside front tires flatter when cornering, reducing tire wear and increasing cornering grip. Adding negative camber is one of the FIRST modifications racers do to their cars, and the F chassis BMW needs it just like so many others.
- Compatible with all OEM diameter factory and aftermarket (lowering) springs for BMW F2X/F3X
- Works on the 2014-up BMW 1/2/3/4 series, including the M235 and 2014-18 M2
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track with simple hand tools (1/4" hex wrench sold separately in this car's Suspension section)
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result has much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Aluminum alloy main plate and steel alloy bearing holder construction - Tough as a tank!
- Sealed radial ball bearings isolate steering movement from spherical bearing. These do not have to be removed monthly and re-greased like competing models that use a flat, unsealed Torrington bearing
- All components machined in-house at Vorshlag on our CNC machines
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Can be converted to use with coilover springs (different camber plate entry in this car's Suspension section)
- Vorshlag upper spring perches are included and built to fit the OEM style spring for this model.
5-bolt or 3-bolt Tower: Please look at the picture below to see which version you have. Only count the bolts that attach the strut mount to the tower, not the "ribs" or the bolt(s) for the engine bay brace. The 3-bolt is generally through the 2014 model year and 5-bolt begins in the 2015 model year. Some early 2015 models were 3-bolt.
Spring Perches: This catalog entry is for the OEM sized front springs and all aftermarket lowering springs. We have another entry in this F22 Suspension section for the various coilover spring options.
Strut Style: Please pick the brand and type of strut your car has.