Like virtually every BMW ever made, the G20 and G80 chassis have McPherson strut front suspension design, which has almost no camber adjustment from the factory. These new BMWs need more front negative camber to allow them to be driven on a road course or in an autocross event without shredding the outside shoulders of the front tires. After getting a test car we immediately began development of our camber plate for this chassis - for both the OEM springs (this entry) as well as another version for use with coil overs.
With the suspension lifted to remove pre-load from the top mount, loosen these 4 Allen head bolts (with a 1/4" or 6mm hex key wrench) and slide the top of the wheel inboard (negative) or outboard (positive) to alter the camber setting.
Track side adjustment is easy, and our over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. The large sealed radial bearing allows the spring perch to rotate instead of relying on the spherical to spin within the bearing holder (which would wear it out quickly - like most competing designs). All of our components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Compatible with all OEM diameter factory and aftermarket (lowering) springs for the BMW G20 and G80
- Works with the 2019 and up G20 and G80
- Installs with hand tools and an impact gun, no chassis modifications required.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track with simple hand tools (1/4" hex wrench sold separately in this car's Suspension section)
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result has much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Aluminum alloy main plate and steel alloy bearing holder construction - Tough as a tank!
- Sealed radial ball bearings isolate steering movement from spherical bearing.
- All components machined in-house at Vorshlag on our CNC machines
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Can also be converted to use with coilover springs (but it is easier to use the coilover camber plate entry in this car's Suspension section)
- Vorshlag upper spring perches are included and built to fit the OEM style spring for this model.
Spring Perches: This catalog entry is for the OEM sized front springs and all aftermarket lowering springs. We have another entry in this BMW Suspension section for the various coilover spring options.
Strut Style: Please pick the brand and type of strut your car has.